Friday, December 17, 2010

Sofa Tables: Separation of Wall & Couch

Lots of design books will tell you not to have your furniture up against the walls. Even interior decorators have told me that there should be at least six inches of breathing room between the wall and a sofa, bed, or chair.

This is really tough to accomplish with a young kid and two rambunctious dogs. There is a lot of activity in our living room and the furniture never seems to stay put. I can't tell you how many times I've pulled out the couch before breakfast, only to find it right back against the wall by evening.

But at last! A solution! A narrow sofa table behind the couch! A perfect place for a vase, a small book collection, or other fun decorative items! Not only will I finally get my space behind the couch, but it can actually be put to good use! I'm sold!

Photo Credit: Apartmenttherapy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment